Monday, May 3, 2010

Week 6: Bath Time!


Jonah loves bath. He always has - since he was an infant. He splashes around, slides back and forth on his belly, plays with toys, bubbles, the list goes on and on. He almost always stays in the bathtub until the water is rather cool and then only gets out when we start to encourage him to call it a night. So, when I realized that I needed to get in a photo early on this week to fit in with my travel schedule, I quickly thought that bath would be the answer. I set up a light and away we went. We were running a little behind tonight, as well, so he was particularly tired - and silly - for bath. I had to clean the splashes off my lens several times! Thank goodness these cameras are weather sealed!

I had a particular shot in mind tonight - I never got it. I did however learn another lesson. When photographing young children, go in with a general idea, set up a broad spot of light and let them play. The photos will be better for it. I had a hard time choosing a photo from this set. I narrowed it down to 11 and then had trouble choosing a favorite. I thought this one told the story best; so, I chose it. The 11 shots are viewable here:
http://web.me.com/rwdavi/rwdavi/Albums/Pages/Crazy_Bath%21.html
Did I choose the right one?

Photo info - this is my 50mm at f/2.8 with a flash in a reflective umbrella up camera right. Just add water, bubbles and a towel for dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment